- Our author of the week is Eric Carle. We started with his book the tiny seed which connects beautifully with our science unit on plants.
- Second graders have jumped into a unit on fractions in math and firsties have started a geometry unit. FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
- We have been playing Rat-A-Tat-Cat after our math lessons. This game is GREAT for reinforcing math facts! You can find it at Target for around $5..99 ;-)
- If you are able please have your Krile Kid work on Moby Max a bit over spring break.
- Kriletown is now on twitter!! Follow us @Kriletown!!
- PTSO meeting Thursday, April 3rd at 7:00.
- NO NEWSLETTER OR REPORTS NEXT WEEK!!
- Spring break April 7-11th. Have a wonderful time with your Krile Kid.
- Spread the word Logan will now have a YOUNG FIVES program beginning the fall of 2014!!!
- Science Alive visited on Monday. Check out the website for amazing pictures of the creatures who came to Kriletown.
Reading and Writing
This week we started reading books by author illustrator Eric Carle. He is am amazing author who uses his own paper to create amazing pictures. Most of his books have interesting animals as the main character.
We have started writing our animal reports. Each of the children has chosen an animal to research and write a report on. After we have written our reports we will read them to our writing friends and teach each other fun new facts about LOTS of animals.
Social Studies and Science
While studying rocks this week we found out why they all come in different colors. It’s the minerals inside that make them look different! Lots more fascinating rock discoveries coming next week!
This week we started a unit on plants. We learned that all plants start from a seed. Seeds move from place to place by wind, animals and people.