This Week in Math
- This week we had fun with Frankenstein doubles math.
- We learned about start, change and end puzzles.
- We used our number grid to count up and back again this week.
- We made exchanges with pennies, nickels and dimes this week on our calendar board.
- We worked on the plus 0 and plus one rule daily.
- We made a poster listing all of the math strategies we can use to help us.
- We created our own pumpkin graphs this week.
Our days were filled with GREAT Halloween books Ask your Krile kid about Room on a Broom and the VERY Brave Witch!
In writer’s workshop we continued with my all time FAVORITE character….FANCY NANCY!! We are expanding our vocabulary with all of her fun fancy words. Ask your Krile kid what unique, fuchsia, select and dazzling mean. Each student continued writing a fancy book about themselves this week.
Social Studies and Science
- We made a book to share with reading buddies call We Like Fall.
- We had so much fun with apples and pumpkins we kept right on learning this week. Ask to see your child’s pumpkin journal.
- Book orders due Friday, Nov 6th. Online codeis LC2KC
- Please be mindful when sending in snacks to send healthy choices…fruits, veggies, cheese sticks and yogurt are all good options. We need November donations!
- Beats and Treats celebration October 30th 6-8 in the Multipurpose room.
- NO SCHOOL Monday, November 2 OR Tuesday, November 3! Enjoy your long weekend with your little ones!
- Picture retake is Nov 4th. Grab an envelope in the office.
- Logan Fun Run and Walk Sunday, Nov 8th from 12-2.
- Kriletown website media password is KrileKids. View photos here :)