This week in Math
- This week we created our own number lines and practiced counting up and back.
- We worked more with mystery number problems this week: 6 + ? = 10.
- We used our number grid to add and subtract 10. We call this a magic hop in Kriletown.
- Wednesday was the 50th day of school!! We added a half dollar to our chart.
- We are turn around EXPERTS! 4+2=6 turn around 2+4=6
We continued to work on ABC book this week. The children picked a theme and each book will have 26 thoughts that fit the theme. Over the break it would be helpful to brainstorm ideas that go with your child’s ABC theme.
We published two new Kriletown creations this week so keep your eye out for new books. Our goal continues to be 42 books by the end of the year!
We read and wrote about what it means to be thankful. Your children are so thoughtful. Some of the things they listed were parents, friends, good food, nice school and a cozy house. All great things to be thankful for!
Social Studies and Science
We started our science unit on motion this week with a listening walk!
We took a look at our class tree and described the changes it is going through as we move into winter.
- Thank you SO much those of you who sent in snack!! We had some GREAT healthy choices this week. Many of your children tried new veggies for the first time :)
- Kriletown website media password is KrileKids. View photos here :) I have not had time to add the Fancy Nancy pics yet will do over the Thanksgiving break!
- No School Nov 25-27th. Enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with your Krile kid.
- Third grade is having a pizza fundraiser at Chuck E Cheese on Friday, Dec 4th from 3-8.
- Heritage night Thursday, Dec 10th 6-8.