- We discussed long and short vowels, magic e and contractions this week.
- Money, money and more money was used this week. Firsties should be able to make change to a dollar!
- We practiced using cubes, rods and flats this week to count large numbers.
- We continue to make connections between addition and subtraction this week. WOW!!. Counting up and double digit subtraction was worked on.
- Amazing job with doubles facts, plus one and plus zero. :-)
- Kriletown is now on twitter!! Follow us @Kriletown!!
- Kids can bring in valentine cards anytime next week. We will pass them out Friday afternoon.
- Spirit week is coming!!
- Mon, Feb 10 Dress Up
- Tue, Feb 11 Wacky Hair
- Wed Feb 12 Favorite Fictional Character
- Thurs Feb 13 Sports Day
- Fri Feb 14 PJ Day.
- NAAPID Monday, February 10th.
- Keep an eye out for an extra math page for homework a few nights a week to keep us on track.
- Mid-Winter break begins the end of the day Friday, February 14th.
Reading and Writing
This week we read several books about fictional groundhogs. We also read several books set on snowy winter days...when in Rome! With our writing buddies we started ‘How To Books’. I am amazed at the things the Krile kids are teaching us. So far we are learning how to make a
lovey, how to balance on one foot, how to make pancakes, how to make a bowl of cereal and how to make a book.
Next week we will be do several writing projects centered around Valentines.
Social Studies and Science
- Fish arrived on Wednesday and we have had a blast observing them in our classroom habitat.
- We are snail experts!!! Ask your Krile kid if they have any fun facts to know and tell.
- Our second graders chose their favorite places in our community to write about this week.